By J. Brady McCollough, Los Angeles Times: Donte Williams didn’t find the time to call his mother until Monday night, hours after talking with the USC Trojans for the first time as their football coach, breaking down a barrier some thought might never fall at the prestigious private institution.
Maxine Wimberly Williams already had heard.
Read the full story…
Raised for greatness, Crenshaw's Donte Williams is the first Black head football coach at USC, the program his mother dreamed he'd join.
—Recent News Feed Stories—
- Will Kedon Slovis enter 2022 NFL draft after Jaxson Dart’s big game?
- Oregon injury update: Kayvon Thibodeaux still day-to-day
- Jedd Fisch stresses need for patience after Arizona’s loss to NAU
- Urban Meyer’s NFL future questioned after 0-2 start to season
- Oregon hoops adds wing to 2021 class with pledge from Canadian Ethan Butler
- Pac-12 Performance Awards, presented by Nextiva – Football Week Three
- Updated 2021 Heisman Odds: The field gets shuffled again
- Utah loses standout DT Viane Moala for the season
- Brett McMurphy’s college football bowl projections after Week 3
- USC’s Dart, Stanford’s Wyrick among On3’s true freshmen who stood out in WK 3
- Why Washington lost to Montana and beat Arkansas State
- Pac-12, SWAC create educational and basketball scheduling partnership
- Cal 4-Star QB commit Justyn Martin talks about his Ole Miss visit
- Former USC DT Antwaun Woods tweets: ‘Hire Coach Donte’
- Herm Edwards trends on Twitter following Arizona State loss at BYU
- Injuries starting to mount as Colorado enters conference play
- UCLA’s Fresno State loss a buzz-killer for Westwood resurgence devotees
- Kedon Slovis, Jaxson Dart to battle for USC starting QB privileges vs. OSU
- Jerry Palm’s updated college football bowl projections
- Fresno State trolls UCLA after Week 3 upset win
- Mario Cristobal won’t be USC’s next coach, but he could still leave Oregon
- Zemek: Saturday showed that USC is ready to rule the Pac-12 with right coach
- Injured Fresno State QB Jake Haener gives all-time gutsy performance vs UCLA
- 5 things to know after the UW win over Arkansas State
- Mario Cristobal says Anthony Brown should be ‘good to go’ for Arizona game
- Cal finally has an offense, but now its defense has issues
- OC Zak Hill admits crowd noise completely disrupted ASU operation
- Wildcats continue to have no answer at quarterback
- Cam Rising makes strong case to become Utah’s starting QB
- USC’s Donte Williams addresses potential QB controversy
- Abe Lucas pulls no punches after another WSU second half imbroglio
- Did Jaxson Dart just do to Kedon Slovis what Slovis did to JT Daniels?
- Oregon State re-writes history in shutout win over Idaho
- Colorado back to square one as Minnesota embarrasses the Buffs
- How Utah’s Clark Phillips III transitioned from RB to CB
- Reggie Bush calls for Trojans to hire Deion Sanders
- Make no mistake about it, the Huskies are way overdue for a turnover
- Oregon’s 4-star commit, Isaiah Sategna, is dominating HS football in Arkansas
- How Clay Helton’s firing is affecting other national football programs
- Raley: Can UW offensive coordinator John Donovan survive the weekend?
- Will Kedon Slovis enter 2022 NFL draft after Jaxson Dart’s big game? - September 20, 2021
- Oregon injury update: Kayvon Thibodeaux still day-to-day - September 20, 2021
- Jedd Fisch stresses need for patience after Arizona’s loss to NAU - September 20, 2021