Posted on August 3, 2021
In those 15 games at ASU, Christoper averaged 14.3 points per game, but he also displayed the kind of athleticism the Rockets believed they can develop into a highly productive player.
The talented guard should have plenty of opportunities to prove himself in his rookie season.
Christoper has some outstanding physical gifts, including strength and explosiveness—traits that will pay dividends at the next level.
He does a great job of getting to the basket, which enables him to finish in the paint and get to the foul line.
However, the former Sun Devil is a streaky shooter from the outside, connecting on just 30% of his shots from beyond the arc in college, a stat he will need to improve on as a pro.
— NBA (@NBA) July 30, 2021
Christopher looked much better at pre-draft workouts than what he showed in college, and it helped to catch the eye of the rebuilding Rockets.
For Christopher to be a good NBA player, he will need to improve his shot selection. The fact is, he will not be able to take many bad shots in the NBA and stay in games. Consequently, Christopher’s efficiency must improve.
Also, decision-making could be a cause for concern, as Christopher tends to make unwise decisions with the basketball at times.
Finally, while he is an excellent defensive player, he sometimes has defensive lapses, and that can’t happen in the NBA.
In any case, Christopher should get plenty of chances to show what he can do early in his career, as Houston is coming off a lousy season and needs players of his caliber to improve.
With patience and development, the talented wing should be able to reach his full potential with the Rockets.
Read his other articles on L’s Sports Takes.
—Recent LaMarr Fields Stories—
- Fields: Championship Week West Coast Top 10
- LaMarr Fields’ Week 13 West Coast CFB Top 10
- LaMarr Fields’ Top 5 Washington Coach Candidates
- LaMarr Fields’ Week 12 West Coast CFB Top 10
- LaMarr Fields’ Week 10 West Coast CFB Top 10
- LaMarr Fields’ Week 9 Top 10 West Coast CFB Teams
- LaMarr Fields’ Week 8 Top 10 West Coast CFB Teams
- LaMarr Fields’ Week 7 Top 10 West Coast CFB Teams
- Fields: Three Keys to Cal’s Matchup with Washington
- LaMarr Fields’ Top 5 Head Coach Candidates for USC
- Fields: Key Takeaways from Cal’s Loss to TCU
- Fields: Mobley a Potential Franchise Player for Cavs
- Fields: Chris Duarte and the Pacers Knew his Worth
- Fields: Ziaire Williams a Sneaky Good 2021 NBA Pick
- Fields: Gary Payton Comes Full-Circle
- Fields: Revisiting Jason Kidd’s Stellar Career at Cal
- Former Bruin Jrue Holiday a Steady Force in NBA
- Fields: Three Pac-12 Football Freshmen to Watch in 2021
- Fields: Arizona WBB Mines Gold from Transfer Portal
- Fields: Top Six 2021 Pac-12 NFL Draft Prospects