Posted on August 26, 2020
T The big games in weeks six and seven of our simulated season include Cal at USC, Stanford at Notre Dame, Utah at WSU, Oregon at Cal, and Washington at Utah.
Don’t forget to check out the updated simulated Pac-12 standings at the bottom of each week, and let me know what you think. Remember, these are just my opinions, and I would love to debate and talk about any or all of my picks on Twitter (follow @JackFollman to play along).
Week Six (October 9-10)
Colorado at Arizona
Series History: Buffs lead 14-8.
Arizona 35, Colorado 31
UCLA at Arizona State
Series History: Bruins lead 21-14-1.
Arizona State 34, UCLA 24
Cal at USC
Series History: Trojans lead 71-30-5.
USC 28, Cal 20
The Trojans poke holes in Cal’s defense at home and Kedon Slovis drops a big performance to keep USC in control from the kickoff. Cal’s improving offense keeps it within striking distance but can’t come through in the clutch this time.
Oregon State at Washington
Series History: Huskies lead 66-24-4.
Washington 31 Oregon State 17
Stanford at Notre Dame
Series History: Cardinal trails 20-13.
Notre Dame 27, Stanford 13
Utah at Washington State
Series History: Cougars lead 9-8.
Washington State 24, Utah 23
Nick Rolovich and the Cougars got a win they desperately needed on the back of their defense, which creates multiple turnovers, forcing field goals against Utah’s offense and QB that is still finding their feet. The Cougars also get some of their patented passing magic late in the game to sneak past Utah by one point.
Week Seven (October 17)
USC at Arizona
Series History: Utes lead 24-19-2.
USC 49, Arizona 28
Oregon at Cal
Series History: Bears lead 41-40-2.
Oregon 24, Cal 17
The Bears and Ducks lock defenses and the Ducks pull away late coming off a bye week, using their superior D to really limit the Bear offense and give the Ducks a huge division win to keep them in the thick of the North race.
UCLA at Colorado
Series History: Bruins lead 11-4.
Colorado 35, UCLA 33
Washington State at Stanford
Series History: Cardinal 40-29-1.
Stanford 31, Washington State 27
Washington at Utah
Series History: Huskies lead 12-2.
Utah 20, Washington 17
Another defensive slugfest? Yes, and the Ute defense continues to put it all together and contains a limited Washington offense with a long game-winning field goal coming as time expires.
The races start to take shape in mid-October. Oregon tries to pick things back up after losing to Washington early and Cal lurks in the North. USC has a great head start in the South, especially with a win over ASU, and Utah is within striking distance, with a win over USC in their back pocket.
Previous Installments of Jack Follman’s Simulated Season
—Recent Jack Follman Stories—
- Jack Follman’s Pac-12 Linebacker Unit Rankings
- Jack Follman’s Pac-12 Defensive Line Unit Rankings
- Jack Follman’s Pac-12 Offensive Line Unit Rankings
- Jack Follman’s 2021 Pac-12 WR/TE Unit Rankings
- Jack Follman’s Pac-12 Offensive Backfield Unit Rankings
- Jack Follman’s Post-Spring 2021 Pac-12 DB Rankings
- Jack Follman’s Post-Spring 2021 Pac-12 LB Rankings
- The Great Pac-12 Non-Conference Games Rankings Debate
- Jack Follman’s Post-Spring 2021 Pac-12 DL Rankings
- Jack Follman’s Post-Spring 2021 Pac-12 OL Rankings
- Jack Follman’s Post-Spring 2021 Pac-12 TE Rankings
- Jack Follman’s Post-Spring 2021 Pac-12 WR Rankings
- Jack Follman’s Post-Spring 2021 Pac-12 RB Rankings
- Jack Follman’s Post-Spring 2021 Pac-12 QB Rankings
- Jack Follman’s 2021 Pac-12 Mock NBA Draft
- Jack Follman’s Early 2022 Top Pac-12 NFL Draft Prospects
- Jack Follman’s Final 2021 Big Board NFL Mock Draft
- Jack Follman’s Updated 2021 Big Board NFL Mock Draft
- Jack Follman’s 2021 Pac-12 Spring QB Battle Previews
- The Great Pac-12 Basketball Prestige Ranking Debate
- Jack Follman’s Best NFL Pac-12 Alumni Players for 2020-21
- The Great Pac-12 Best Football Weather Ranking Debate
- Jack Follman’s Updated Top 2021 Pac-12 NFL Prospects
- Jack Follman’s Early Pac-12 Power Rankings for 2021
- Jack Follman’s 2020 Pac-12 Football All-Freshman Teams
- Jack Follman’s Expanded 2020 All-Pac-12 Selections
- Jack Follman’s Updated CFB Top 25 (Postseason)
- Jack Follman’s Updated CFB Top 25 (Pac-12 Week 7)
- Jack Follman’s Pac-12 Underclassmen to Watch for the 2021 NFL Draft
- Jack Follman’s Updated CFB Top 25 (Pac-12 Week 6)
- Jacks Follman’s Updated CFB Top 25 (Pac-12 Week 5)
- Jacks Follman’s Updated CFB Top 25 (Pac-12 Week 4)
- Jack Follman’s Updated 2020 NBA Big Board Mock Draft
- Jacks Follman’s Updated CFB Top 25 (Pac-12 Week 3)
- Jack Follman’s Top 10 Pac-12 Prospects for the 2020 NBA Draft
- Jacks Follman’s Updated College Football Top 25 (Pac-12 Week 2)
- Jacks Follman’s Preseason College Football Top 25
- Jack Follman’s 2010s Pac-12 All-Decade Football Teams
- The Great Pac-12 Helmet Ranking Debate
- Jack Follman’s 2020 Pac-12 Alumni NBA All-Star Team
Jack Follman’s Pac-12 Linebacker Unit RankingsThe parity of this 2021 LB group makes it one of the most difficult to rank - June 12, 2021
Jack Follman’s Pac-12 Defensive Line Unit RankingsThe shortened 2020 COVID season wasn't kind to the the Conference DL groups - June 11, 2021
Jack Follman’s Pac-12 Offensive Line Unit RankingsUnlike other Conference units, the 2021 OL groups are both strong and deep - June 10, 2021