Posted on May 25, 2022
Heading into his second season, he has created a positive vibe inside and out of the building despite a 1-11 campaign in 2021.
The culture created in the locker room and in the buildings on campus has been perhaps the largest appeal for recruits and transfers to come and be a part of building the program from the bottom up.
On this episode of Locked On Pac-12, I’m joined by Arizona Football team reporter Kim Becker to talk about the Wildcats’ football program.
She shares a bevy of insights from interviews she’s conducted with Arizona players, including Washington State QB transfer Jayden de Laura.
She also had the chance to talk with 4-star true freshman WR Tetairoa McMillan about his recruitment, and why he chose Arizona over Oregon.
Undergoing a full rebuild as Arizona Football is currently doing, goals and expectations have to be managed for a plan to be allowed to come to fruition.
The early returns for Jedd Fisch and his new staff are at least encouraging, but the Wildcats still a long road remains for Arizona to reach the Pac-12 championship game as they did in 2014.
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep Top Talent in West
- McLaughlin: Can UW Football Re-Emerge as National Power?
- McLaughlin: Will Stanford Exceed 4.5 Wins in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Whittingham’s Deal a Good Sign for Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Which Pac-12 School has Highest NIL Potential?
- McLaughlin: UW Can & Must Compete on Recruiting Trail
- McLaughlin: Lincoln Riley’s Affect on Pac-12 Recruiting
- McLaughlin: Could Pac-12 HCs Reduce Roles in Recruiting?
- McLaughlin: Evaluating Recent Pac-12 Football Commits
- McLaughlin: Opportunities for Pac-12 to Raise its Standing
- McLaughlin: Who will be Big-Impact Pac-12 Players in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Can SC’s Def Recruiting Match its Offense?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Coaches by ‘Top Gun’ Call Signs
- McLaughlin: Does Pac-12 Football need its own playoff?
- McLaughlin: Big Nonconference Pac-12 Football Games
- McLaughlin: The Toughest Places to Recruit to in the Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Teams with Biggest Week 1 Opportunities
- McLaughlin: 8-Game Conference Football Slate a Bad Idea
- McLaughlin: Breaking Down David Shaw’s Career at Stanford
- McLaughlin: Scheduling Opportunities without Divisions
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Recruiting Surprises and Struggles
- McLaughlin: How New Football Rule Changes Battle for Title
- McLaughlin: Assessing 2022 Recruiting and Portal Rankings
McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep Top Talent in WestSpencer discusses the issue with John Garcia Jr., director of recruiting for Sports Illustrated - July 2, 2022
McLaughlin: Can UW Football Re-Emerge as National Power?The Huskies are looking to become relevant again under new head coach Kalen DeBoer - July 1, 2022
McLaughlin: Will Stanford Exceed 4.5 Wins in 2022?Spencer also talks about the expectations for Washington State head coach Jake Dickert - June 29, 2022