Posted on June 10, 2022
Utilizing the transfer portal, USC Football has completely retooled its offensive skill positions with major additions including QB Caleb Williams, RB Travis Dye, and WR Jordan Addison.
The early recruiting signs indicate the trojans should have no problem bringing in high-level offensive talent from the high school ranks with Lincoln Riley at the helm.
But what about recruiting on the other side of the ball with new defensive coordinator Alex Grinch?
On this episode of Locked On Pac-12, I’m joined by John Garcia Jr., director of recruiting for Sports Illustrated.
Five-star EDGE recruit Jayden Wayne hails from Tacoma, WA but as he has narrowed down his list of final teams, just one west coast team remains in the running for the heralded recruit—Oregon.
USC and Washington, once in the mix, are no longer in the running for one of the top west coast talents in the class of 2023.
Despite his Lincoln HS teammates Jalil Tucker and Jahlil Florence committing to Dan Lanning and Oregon, 2023 4-star RB Roderick Robinson the II has verbally committed to UCLA.
He chose the Bruins over nine other Pac-12 schools, one of which was Colorado. The Buffaloes still, somehow have 10 verbal commits in the next cycle right now—will that really last?
Support Us By Supporting Our Sponsors!
• Built Bar is a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar. Go to builtbar.com and use promo code “LOCKED15,” and you’ll get 15% off your next order
• BetOnline.net has you covered this season with more props, odds, and lines than ever before. BetOnline – Where The Game Starts!
• Rock Auto has an amazing selection. Reliably low prices. All the parts your car will ever need. Visit RockAuto.com and tell them Locked On sent you.
Want more daily content on the Pac-12 conference?
Follow & Subscribe to the Podcast on these platforms…
—More from Spencer McLaughlin—
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep Top Talent in West
- McLaughlin: Can UW Football Re-Emerge as National Power?
- McLaughlin: Will Stanford Exceed 4.5 Wins in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Whittingham’s Deal a Good Sign for Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Which Pac-12 School has Highest NIL Potential?
- McLaughlin: UW Can & Must Compete on Recruiting Trail
- McLaughlin: Lincoln Riley’s Affect on Pac-12 Recruiting
- McLaughlin: Could Pac-12 HCs Reduce Roles in Recruiting?
- McLaughlin: Evaluating Recent Pac-12 Football Commits
- McLaughlin: Opportunities for Pac-12 to Raise its Standing
- McLaughlin: Who will be Big-Impact Pac-12 Players in 2022?
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Football Coaches by ‘Top Gun’ Call Signs
- McLaughlin: Does Pac-12 Football need its own playoff?
- McLaughlin: Big Nonconference Pac-12 Football Games
- McLaughlin: The Toughest Places to Recruit to in the Pac-12
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Teams with Biggest Week 1 Opportunities
- McLaughlin: 8-Game Conference Football Slate a Bad Idea
- McLaughlin: Breaking Down David Shaw’s Career at Stanford
- McLaughlin: Scheduling Opportunities without Divisions
- McLaughlin: Pac-12 Recruiting Surprises and Struggles
- McLaughlin: Arizona Football Trending Up under Jedd Fisch
- McLaughlin: How New Football Rule Changes Battle for Title
- McLaughlin: Assessing 2022 Recruiting and Portal Rankings
McLaughlin: Pac-12 Must Keep Top Talent in WestSpencer discusses the issue with John Garcia Jr., director of recruiting for Sports Illustrated - July 2, 2022
McLaughlin: Can UW Football Re-Emerge as National Power?The Huskies are looking to become relevant again under new head coach Kalen DeBoer - July 1, 2022
McLaughlin: Will Stanford Exceed 4.5 Wins in 2022?Spencer also talks about the expectations for Washington State head coach Jake Dickert - June 29, 2022