Posted on November 25, 2021
That would be in at Burger Madness in Seattle, where the burgers are always tasty and the draft brews are always cold.
So where did Nick’s No-Nonsense Betting Tips go wrong last Saturday?
I’ll start with the obvious, since some of you have been calling me out on it: I’ve been way too high on the Dawgs. They’ve been bad all season, and they were even worse against Colorado.
Also, I’ve been wrong far too often in picking against OSU, which manhandled ASU. Will that change this week? See my pick below.
And finally, I did not see Utah beating the Ducks, let alone blowing them out.
Pac-12 football is out of the CFP hunt, but there’s still plenty to play for this week—at least for some teams—not the least of which is pride.
And I’ll do much better with my picks…I feel fairly certain about that.
As always, my predictions come with incredibly accurate game scores and just enough commentary to keep me from getting another order of these great french fries.
Utah 31, Colorado 14
Utah’s victory against Oregon last weekend speaks for itself, but they still have to defeat their rival before the Pac-12 Championship game.
For Colorado, they’re finally starting to play real football, winning two of their last three contests.
The Buffs enter Salt Lake City on Saturday with confidence, nothing to lose, and a quarterback who’s kinda learned to throw the football.
But a signal caller who can kinda play is no match for a squad who just routed the No.3 team in the country.
Utes by 17.
Washington State 31, Washington 24
Washington has a lot of talent on their roster. Unfortunately for UW, they’re still absolutely awful.
Last week’s loss to Colorado is indicative of a squad that has lost all belief in themselves.
For Washington State, this is their opportunity to defeat their rivals for the first time in eight seasons.
If the Cougs can’t get it done this year, they should probably secede from Pullman and move to Seattle. This matchup means everything for WSU, and less for the Dawgs.
Cougs by Seven.
Oregon 31, Oregon State 21
This is not where the Ducks expected to find themselves this weekend, but the North Division title is still on the line.
After the schlawcking by Utah, the Ducks need to fix all the mental errors that cost them in Salt Lake City.
Most notably, Anthony Brown should be required to to take a “quarterback 101” class again.
For Oregon State, if signal caller Chance Nolan can make a couple timely throws, the Beavs could pull off the upset.
But “could” isn’t “will,” and Nolan won’t be sneaking into the end zone to win the game this year.
Oregon by 10.
Arizona 24, Arizona State 23
From a talent perspective, Arizona State is 1000 times better than Arizona. From a logical perspective the Sun Devils should beat the Wildcats 99.9 percent of the time.
And from a cheating standpoint ASU’s already taken the crown.
This is rivalry week and unusual things happen.
UA didn’t just forget losing to the Devils by 70 points last season and signal caller Will Plummer is starting to do things. Goodbye Herm.
Arizona by one.
Notre Dame 41, Stanford 14
This is rivalry week and unusual things happen, but not this unusual.
Notre Dame is a Top 10 team with an outside shot at making the College Football Playoff.
Stanford is a squad who’s lost their last three contests by 21 points or more.
If the Cardinal would like to compete they may consider giving Jim Plunkett a call; I heard he still lives in the Bay.
Fighting Irish by a lot.
UCLA 34, California 24
In what should be the last “After Dark” game of the year ,we get a good one.
UCLA is on that proverbial line of either a 8-4 or 7-5 record. If they win, Chip Kelly should have a quiet off-season. If they lose, his hot seat remains a “Power 5” on the microwave oven.
For California they’re still playing for everything. A win against the Bruins suddenly puts them on the cusp of a bowl game for their third straight year, not including 2020.
If it wasn’t for Covid the Golden Bears really could’ve made noise.
Covid or no Covid, UCLA by 10.
USC 28, BYU 21
If you thought my picks have been random this week you’re probably right.
And what a better way to end a confusing year in the Pac than by picking USC for no reason whatsoever.
In all seriousness, I still am a believer in the talent on the Trojans roster.
They get a break playing a ranked non-con team, even though BYU’s posted a 4-0 mark against our conference this year. If USC flubs this up, I might have to start respecting mid-majors.
Trojans by seven.
—Recent Nick Bartlett Stories—
- Nick Bartlett’s Brash Week 14 Predictions
- The Nick Bartlett Video Show: Episode 11
- Nick Bartlett’s Brash Week 12 Football Predictions
- The Nick Bartlett Video Show: Episode 10
- Nick Bartlett’s Brash Week 11 Football Predictions
- The Nick Bartlett Video Show: Episode 9
- Nick Bartlett’s Brash Week 10 Football Predictions
- Nick Bartlett’s Brash Week 9 Football Predictions
- The Nick Bartlett Video Show: Episode 8
- Nick Bartlett’s Brash Week 8 Football Predictions
- The New Nick Bartlett Show: Episode 7
- The New Nick Bartlett Show: Episode 6
- Nick Bartlett’s Brash Week 7 Football Predictions
- Nick Bartlett’s Brash Week 6 Football Predictions
- Nick Bartlett’s Brash Week 5 Football Predictions
- The New Nick Bartlett Show: Episode 5
- The New Nick Bartlett Show: Episode 4
- The New Nick Bartlett Show: Episode 3
- The New Nick Bartlett Show: Episode 2
- The New Nick Bartlett Show: Episode 1
- BYU Beat Writer Talks 2021 Pac-12 Matchups
- Voice of Fresno State Bulldogs Talks Ducks, Bruins
- Hawaii Beat Writer Looks at UCLA and Oregon State
- A Notre Dame Beat Writer Looks at USC and Stanford
- 2021 Preseason SportsPac12 All-California Region Teams
- The Great All-Time Non-Conference Opponents Debate
- The Great Pac-12 Best Party School Ranking Debate
- Nick Bartlett’s Pac-12 Prophecies for the NCAA Tournament
- The Great Pac-12 Best Basketball Uniform Ranking Debate
- The Great Pac-12 Prestigious Football Program Ranking Debate
- The Great Pac-12 College Towns Ranking Debate
- The Great Pac-12 Fight Songs Debate
- The Great Pac-12 Quarterback Ranking Debate of 2020
- 2020 SportsPac12 Northwest All-Region Team
- Nick Bartlett’s Brash Week 14 Predictions - December 3, 2021
- The Nick Bartlett Video Show: Episode 11 - November 25, 2021
- Nick Bartlett’s Brash Week 13 Football Predictions - November 25, 2021