By Brandon Marcello, 247Sports: The transfer portal has provided players across the country second chances, new opportunities and bigger stages to shine — and improve — on new teams.
But for many, the portal has proven to be more a pitfall than a gigantic leap on their career path. Not all players are looking to move up the ranks.
Read the full story…
The transfer portal has gotten out of control, college football coaches say, but there are ways to fix it as another record-breaking year ramps up in recruiting.
Looking for more Pac-12 team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Pac-12 becomes first conference to win 200 women’s NCAA championships
- Athlon: College football top 25 rankings for 2022
- NorCal OL Roger Alderman has Pac-12 schools CU, Utah, Cal & UO sticking out
- Pac-12 football recruiting by the numbers: Trojans, Ducks fight for top spot
- Wilner on Pac-12 recruiting: Receivers rule week for USC, Oregon & Washington
- Serious abuse allegations made against Cal women’s swimming HC Teri McKeever
- Mel Tucker weighs in on state of NIL in wake of Nick Saban, Jimbo Fisher feud
- ASU’s Robby Harrison next diamond in the rough for DL coach Robert Rodriguez?
- CBS Sports: USC’s Lincoln Riley among new hires most likely to win big early
- Arizona and Colorado football land prime early-season TV times on CBS
- Stanford to face Oregon in NCAA women’s golf championship match
- Riley Williams, nation’s No. 2 TE, to visit Oregon, Alabama, Miami & Ohio St
- OSU, WSU basketball programs have had concerning 2022 off-seasons
- Cal rides a 6-game winning streak into Pac-12 Baseball Tournament
- Raley: Huskies need a return to glory, haven’t scored on a kickoff since 2016
- Teams Buffs love to hate: The five best Colorado football rivalries
- Wilner: Updated Power 5 revenue projections show Pac-12 deficit expanding
- 4-Star DL Kelze Howard set to visit Arizona, Oregon, and Utah
- Arizona, UW, Notre Dame emerge as favorites to land KY transfer Keion Brooks
- UA opens Pac-12 Baseball Tourney on 3-game skid, all against first foe Ducks
- If a lack of depth in the trenches isn’t USC’s biggest problem, what is?
- ASU quarterback Daylin McLemore back on track with improved mechanics
- ESPN unveils SP+ preseason projections for 2022 college football season
- On3’s Mike Huguenin predicts Oregon’s Noah Sewell will win the Butkus Award
- 247Sports: Top 25 college basketball coaches ahead of 2022-23 season
- UCLA Bruins football post-spring position grades: quarterbacks
- Colorado Buffs targeting 3-star CA wide receiver Mikey Matthews
- Still in game shape, former Cougar Erik Coleman keeps close tabs on WSU
- Recent roster additions display Oregon’s focus on special teams improvement
- Bailey: USC is much better than you think, get over it